Call for Nominations
To the Members of the Alliance of NGOs on
Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
As you know, elections for various positions in the Board of the Alliance will be held on the occasion of the Annual General Assembly, to be held on 19 May 2021. We have volunteered to serve again as Nominations Committee, with the following tasks:
- Send a call for nominations, according to the statutes and the by-laws, at least two months before the General Assembly
- Receive nomination letters and letters from NGOs willing to second nominations by 12 April
- Check eligibility of candidates on the basis of relevant rules established by the statutes and by-laws
- Compile a list of eligible candidates, which will be sent to the Alliance membership together with invitations for the General Assembly by 21 April (4 weeks before the General Assembly)
As Nominations Committee, we are therefore addressing the Alliance membership to solicit nominations for the following Board positions:
- up to three (3) Vice-Chairs
- up to two (2) Members of the Board.
According to the Statutes of the Alliance, the positions on the Board of Directors of the Alliance are elected to serve for a period of two years, renewable for one consecutive term. Each member must be seconded by no less than two members other than the candidates. Individual members have no voting rights, nor may be elected. Please consult the statutes on the website of the Alliance, https://crimealliance.org/about/statutes/, for further guidance. Please note that Board members will not receive any financial compensation or travel subsidy.
Nomination Letters should be received by the Nominations Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than April 12th 2021, 11.55 p.m. CET. If the nominated candidate is not the Chairperson, President, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director or equivalent of their organization, they letter shall include the approval of the aforementioned individual. Nominations must be seconded by two other member organizations in good standing. The deadline for letters of secondment is the same as nomination letters. Nominations will only be accepted in English. Incomplete nominations will be rejected by the Nominations Committee.
To summarize, valid nominations will require three emails to be sent to the specific email address for this purpose email@example.com by April 12th 2020, 11.55 p.m. CET:
1) nomination letter from the candidate’s own organization;
2) and 3) letters of secondment from two other organizations in good standing with the Alliance at the time of nomination.
We look forward to receiving nominations and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Ms Marlene Parenzan
International Federation of Business and Professional Women
Mr James Gondles
American Correctional Association
Ms Sarah Pirker
Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs
13 Mar, 2021